12/23/07

Trying to Make Sense...

I'm still trying to figure out all this trade rumors crap. To be honest I have no clue what is going on. So I'll list out the sources and what the say about the trade rumors, who should be dealt and why or why it won't work. How does that sound? Me telling you what I believe does you guys no good. Me telling you what the FO says helps a little more (except for the fact that we have good ole' Bill running the team still).

ProSportsDaily (on Bedard) - Only 3 days ago we were reported to be in the lead for Bedard, along with the Reds, but yesterday and today have both opened eyes. Apparently, the Orioles are looking to hang onto Bedard, and it is likely that he won't be dealt and will be the Orioles ace on opening day 2008. It is reported that the GM and the whole FO thinks that Bedard is worth more than just Adam Jones and Brandon Morrow. Both Jones are Morrow are Mariners' FO favorites, and only a couple of days ago the FO has said they won't trade Morrow. Bedard seems out of the question now.

ProSportsDaily (on Santana) - Apparently the Mariners are still in the hunt for landing Johan Santana. A source inside the Mariners organization has said that the Mariners are still very involved and alive in landing Johan Santana. Once again, Morrow and Jones would be in the deal, for sure. I just said that Morrow wouldn't be traded, but to me, this deal makes all the sense in the world. REFER HERE for my past blog on why Morrow, Jones and Clement all make sense for Johan Santana. So blogged today on PSD, the Mariners are still very much alive for Johan Santana.

MLBTradeRumors (on Bedard) - Just another article on Bedard being kept by the Orioles.

MLBTradeRumors (on Santana) - The Yankees are pretty much done with Santana. They (The Twins) are asking for something the Yankees said they wouldn't trade (too many key pitching prospects). If traded, I think Johan is a Red Sox pitcher. However, I'll go along with Peter Gammons and say that Johan Santana isn't traded. I'm not putting any money on that, but I would venture to say that a player of Johan's caliber and asking price is just too high. He'll be a free agent after the season, where he can cash in more money. Signing Silva to 4 years for $48 million didn't help the Mariners cause on Santana when the Twins only offered 3 years and 18 million. If Silva is worth $48 million, what in the hell is Santana worth!? I'll tell you. GOLD. DIAMOND. RUBY. (Insert precious metal or mineral). Santana has a value too extreme for the MLB if Silva is worth $48 million.


This is just the latest. I'll be updating it with every ounce of info I can dig up.
Patrick will post here too if he finds stuff I'm unable to get to.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Maybe I'm a moron but what is PSD?

Anonymous said...

O's fan here. No matter what the papers say, I can't imagine the O's NOT trading Bedard. His value is incredibly high right now. IMO, the O's are insane to not accept a package that consists of Jones and Morrow or Clement.

Also the Reds might be offering Cuerto or Bailey along with Votto.

I dont' know why the O's won't pull the trigger - if those deals are really on the table. From an O's fan perspective though, I'll trust ol' Andy knows what he's doing.

we'll see.

Dustin said...

The Reds have said they won't trade the package that they once offered. The prospects went #'s 2-4 in their system (rated by BaseballAmerica) and once they realized what they were trading, they wouldn't. I don't see them trading Bedard until after 2008, when his value is at its highest.

Quinn said...

Feel free to stop by anytime O's fan! Welcome.

I believe the package of Adam, Brandon, Jeff Clement, etc. was brought to the table by the O's. The only reason it hasn't gone through is because WE don't want to send those prospects.

We'd rather send them for Santana...