12/19/07

Silva and Gold

UPDATE: THE MARINERS HAVE SIGNED PITCHER CARLOS SILVA TO A 4 YEAR CONTRACT WORTH $48 MILLION.

MLB.com reports that the Mariners have agreed to terms with starting pitcher Carlos Silva on what is expected to be a 4-year contract worth approximately $44 million. Negotiations seemed to have gone rather quickly, which to me shows that management knows that something had to be done before there was no one left. I have no problems with this contract; the market is thin and we need a decent #4 guy. Silva fits the bill in my opinion.

2 comments:

Quinn said...

:/ Guess you're right. It's all in the market.

Brian said...

I actually really like this signing...The more I look at Silva's stats the more I think he is a solid pitcher...He could possibly be as good a signing as Batista was last year...