8/27/07

Nightcap: 8/27/07 vs. Angels

First off, let me say that I'm sorry that I haven't gotten this up sooner. I got home from the game early, but wasn't able to use the computer. I had the most incredible seats. I sat 5 rows behind Jose Guillen in right field, and there was a lot hit out in that gap. So if you saw me, let me know!

The Mariners seemed really outmatched yesterday. Lackey dominated us even through his case of strep throat. The Mariners were late on what seemed like every pitch. When he threw a slider or a change-up, we were too early, and screwed ourself into the ground. In the first inning, the Mariners had the crowd behind them. A hit-and-run turned double play in the first and then McLaren's ejection (yes, the crowd went crazy) had the fans behind them 100% . The place was loud as could be. The top of the 2nd started off with Garret Anderson staying hot, leading off the inning with a home run. The top of the 3rd saw a 2-run ground rule double from Anderson, but I believe we got lucky that the Angels only got 2. A fan interfered with a with Anderson's double down the right field line, which I assume Guillen didn't see. He then proceded to throw a rocket into the Angels dugout from the right field corner, which would have allowed Vladimir Guerrero to score. From then on, a single here and there, sac fly or a wild pitch, and the Angels scored at every opportunity possible. The Mariners, on the other hand, could get nothing going. We were flat out outmatched.

Today's Starters: LAA: Santana (5-12, 6.03 ERA) -- SEA: Weaver (6-10, 5.51 ERA)

Umpires: HP--Gary Darling (2/10, bad call on Ichiro's strike out) 1B--Larry Poncino (3/10 name coolness) 2B--Bruce Dreckman (2/10 name coolness) 3B--Jerry Meals (5/10 on name coolness becuase it makes me hungry, but he also made a very rash and anal call on calling Matthews Jr. safe at 2nd)

Time: 2:24

Attendance: 45,998

Weather: 69 degrees, partly cloudy

Wind: 3 mph, in from left

No comments: