7/17/07

Good News from an Inside Source

A source from inside the organization has mentioned that the Mariners are pursuing a certain starting pitcher who I can not name. This is what I can tell you:

-He posts All-Star quality numbers

-He would probably be a number 2 starter behind Felix

-He's fairly young

-Mariners management is really trying hard to make this team a serious contender before the deadline

I wish I could talk more about this, but I assure you this is coming from a reliable source that no one else has access to.

6 comments:

Eric S. said...

I have a guess. I think it is Jon Garland. He has been an all star and is somewhat youg. We also have a good record of getting deals done with the White Sox. I have nothing to base this on other then your clues but I would be for it.

Dustin said...

Eric, your response makes sense, but I still think its the Marlin "ace".

Anonymous said...

i don't really have an identity, but my name is brandon, i hope and think it might be kazmir from the d-rays

Anonymous said...

Should be Kazmir, I hope so...an this is Redwood

Eric S. said...

I have read that the D rays are trying to trade one of there young hitters for a young pitcher so I don't see them trading Kazmir. But then again they are the D rays and they do silly stuff all the time.

Dustin said...

also makes since for Willis cuz they firesale every shred of talent on their team