7/20/07

Additonal Information on the "Mystery Pitcher"

Finally a report has been published by Larry Stone involving that "mystery pitcher" that we here at Mariner Nation brought to your attention 3 days ago. Stone's article said the following.

"On Thursday, for instance, one of Bavasi's top lieutenants, Dan Evans, was at Fenway Park watching the Chicago White Sox, who have plenty of pitching to deal. He even dispatched former M's closer Norm Charlton on a scouting assignment this week."

Remember how I mentioned that the second link in the communication chain for this information was "an old friend of the Mariners"? Norm Charlton is indeed the person I was speaking of. He has been scouting and will continue to scout the mystery pitcher right up to the July 31st deadline. I'm hoping that we'll get the all clear to release that name very soon. Stay posted!

7 comments:

Eric S. said...

There have been many rumors that Contreras, Vazquez and Garland could be available. I would not consider Vazquez or Contreras as young. Vazquez is not even pitching in the Bo Sox series. So I am very confident that it is Garland.

Eric S. said...

I apologize Vazquez pitched last night. So it could be him but he is over 30 so I still feel it is Garland.

Brian said...

Garland would be awesome. Vazquez would be an improvement over HorRam. I really hope it's Garland though. I think he could put us over the top.

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

it says that Vazquez would be a good fit since he's a flyball pitcher and that aspect of his is good for Safeco field, but I hope they won't and doubt they will try to deal for him. It's gotta be Jon Garland he's posted all-star numbers the last 3 seasons and his doing well this season. So I think it's Garland.

Anonymous said...

The "mystery pitcher" spoken about a few days ago before this story is not involving a White Sox pitcher.

HOWEVER, I can assure you the Mariners have a few "mystery pitchers" and WILL be buying by the deadline at least 1 ace.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.